• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Photoshop Ver 19.1 update so SLOW

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started the Photoshop Ver 19.1 update via Creative Cloud yesterday and it ran for over 2 hours and only got about 38% through.  I thought it might be taking so long because so many people were trying to update their software and it was impacting the source server so I canceled it.  I restarted the download about 30 minutes ago and it has only gotten to 12%.

I have NEVER experienced such a slow update with any of the Adobe applications.  WHAT is the problem?  How big is it?  How long should it take?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the update in the coffee shop that I go to every morning. Extremely slow and I had to cancel it. At home on my cable internet (100+ Mbps) the download was extremely fast. Have you tried a different internet connection?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went like a zip here, on two machines several hours apart. Must be a server problem somewhere. Try again later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I have fast internet connection, 16gb ram, 4gb graphics. Come on Adobe - this is poor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

txphotobug  wrote

I started the Photoshop Ver 19.1 update via Creative Cloud yesterday and it ran for over 2 hours and only got about 38%

The progress bar has typically used the first 40% to show the the download part of the installation, so if it stalls at 38% that is likely to mean that the files have downloaded, but the is a problem with the decompression and install on your computer.  With Windows, if you have any sort of issue, best practice is to restart your computer, and run the Application Manager as Administrator (by right clicking).

If you still have problems, uninstall Photoshop and run the cleaner tool before reinstalling.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently that's no longer the case. Now, they say, it downloads and installs in discrete chunks - they claim it's faster and it may well be. Seems less reassuring, though. Personally I like to know the data are on board and integrity checked before an installation that can potentially muck up what I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was experiencing this same problem. I fixed it by running the Creative Cloud Cleaner app and choosing “Fix Host Files”. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Also you may need to choose “Run as Administrator” when launching the installer.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines