Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Matte Appears After Saving, Resizing Issues

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying over and over to save this one document, but this white matte appears around the image:

Camellia Forest Ad.jpg

I don't know if y'all can see it if the background of the web page is white, but it is there (if you highlight the image you can see). It's really annoying because it changes the size of the actual image also, which has to be 2.25 by 6 inches for printing. I've tried saving in multiple formats (PDF, JPG, EPS) and this matte around the image shows up every time. It also changes the dimensions of the image so it looks squished.

How can I make it so it just saves my image without adding this thing around it? This has never happened to me before.

Also, I can't seem to change the image size to 2.25 by 6 inches. That's the dimensions that I made the document when I started working on it, and I never changed it intentionally, but something must have happened because when I opened the image size to change the DPI it was 2.8 by 6.something inches. I tried to change it back but each time I checked, it changed again.  Everytime I try to change the dimensions back, they change to something else. The closest I've been able to get it to what I need is 1.9ish by 5.9ish inches.

The deadline to send this in is February 8th so prompt help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Yes, that is the border. When I open the document as a JPG or PDF or whichever format I saved it as, the transparent area appears as a solid white border. I still don't know why it was doing that but I decided to make a new file and just remade the artwork and it saved fine without the extra border, so I don't need help anymore, but thanks anyway! Hopefully this problem doesn't happen again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message

-A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or InDesign or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry, I thought I had said, it's in Photoshop.

[Moved... Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah!

What version of Photoshop are you using? Can you show us a screenshot of your workspace with the file open so we can see your layers panel and options bar?

Also, what format are you saving in? And, one last question, how did you place the Camelia Forrest Nursery logo into the file?

Let us know so we can help!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (3).png

I'm using Photoshop CC 2017. I tried saving as a PDF, PNG, JPG, and EPS file and the same thing happened in all formats. I don't exactly remember how I placed the logo but I'm pretty sure I selected it and dragged it into the document.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am not sure why this is happening, but To get your project done, I would try choosing the logo and setting the blending mode drop down menu it to Multiply. This will make whatever is white disappear and just your logo in black will be at the top. Will that give you the effect you are looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that a border appears around the whole image when I save:

Screenshot (4).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What your window shows is transparent area around your artwork--is that the border you're mentioning?

I noticed that you are saving this to a jpg--what is the final plan for your artwork? Is it going to print?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the border. When I open the document as a JPG or PDF or whichever format I saved it as, the transparent area appears as a solid white border. I still don't know why it was doing that but I decided to make a new file and just remade the artwork and it saved fine without the extra border, so I don't need help anymore, but thanks anyway! Hopefully this problem doesn't happen again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great!! I'm glad you are moving forward again. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines