• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applescript/Photoshop and reading sampled colour values . [LOCKED – Duplicate thread]

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've used Image->Adjustments->Thresholds to sample the darkest and lightest points of an image with the eyedropper tool. This provides me with two, in this case,  CMYK measurements in the Info pane. What I'm trying to establish are the AppleScript commands to retrieve these CMYK values from either the points being sampled or those registering in the Info pane.

I have searched the interweb and haven't returned any useful information, although I concede that I may I've used incorrect search terms. I've also looked through the Applescript dictionaries too.

I'd be really grateful for any assistance.

Ian Thompson

[ MOVED to Photoshop Scripting by moderator ]

[ LOCKED by moderator – duplicate thread ] --> Applescript/Photoshop and reading sampled colour values, or possibly a Javascript solution

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off you may want to abandon using AS for Photoshop automation, JavaScript as the platform independent language appears to be the majority’s choice wherefore you will likely get more timely and better help with that.

Secondly you may want to post over at:

Photoshop Scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I've reposted in Photoshop Scripting as you suggested and opened the question to include Javascript too. apart from Adobe's Photoshop Javascript Reference PDF, could you recommend any further reference material?

Kind regards,

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines