• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple objects together are not responsive?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to this and after searching several hours on the net I'll hope someone can help me.

I'm creating a responsive webpage in Muse where responsive objects scales in height as in width (incl. the white spaces in between) when you change the window.
However, when I place an object above an other object/widget (using one or more layers), the object only scales in width and behaves like an fixed footer? (as in "Browser width").

But when I place the same object underneath it? The object is fully responsive again? Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Can you help/advise me on this? Many thanks!

Regards,

Daniël

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Not sure, if I nailed your issue, but I think so.

The problem is the following:

There are many situation, where is is extremely difficult for Muse’s internal logic, to determine, which element should push down/up which other elements.

This is especially true,

• if elements are overlapping,
  • if there are many elements of different size, position and scaling behaviour vertically „above" other elements.

In those case, Muse has a hard job to meet your expectations: Which element should be the "key element",

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this is a layout error.

Could you please share a small .muse file with us, containing only one page and only 3, 4 elements, which show your issue?

You may use Dropbox, CC Files, or a similar file sharing service. Here you find some hints for sharing your .muse file: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Günter,

Thanks for replying. That was aslo my first thought.

Please find the example via Adobe Creative Cloud. The big picture I use is an widget (Muse For You-morph).

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Daniël

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now please tell us, which element/which elements is/are behaving wrong?

I suppose, the 3 image elements below the big image?

To fix an issue, we should know, what you try to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s wright.

The thing is that the 3 img elements won’t stick on their places, as the rest of the element, when you resize the browser window. It stays on one place.

The file has the size of an A4, but everything (including text fluid resizing (not done jet)) in it, must be responsive for difirent end use.

Hope this info helps. Tnx!

regards,

Daniël

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, if I nailed your issue, but I think so.

The problem is the following:

There are many situation, where is is extremely difficult for Muse’s internal logic, to determine, which element should push down/up which other elements.

This is especially true,

• if elements are overlapping,
  • if there are many elements of different size, position and scaling behaviour vertically „above" other elements.

In those case, Muse has a hard job to meet your expectations: Which element should be the "key element", which is expected and allowed to interfere with other objects?

In case of your page, there are at least 6 differently sized and scaling elements, which may be the the ones, which are expected to push down the elements at the bottom of the page. Muse can’t know, what you are expecting.

In such situations, you should help Muse, to do its job: Place an transparent „guiding element" with the same scaling behaviour (in your case: an empty image frame) over the element, which is expected to be the "key element“, the reference for scaling. But pay attention, that this „guiding frame" doesn’t overlap the element, which should be influenced (= pushed down). Now group the transparent element with the element, which should be pushed down.

Doing so, you will enable Muse, to get a better understanding of what you want to achieve.

Please have a look at this file – a modification of your original:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93etn34smmpn7hc/Daniel.zip?dl=0

I placed two „guiding frames“: One above „de makelaar …“ box, and one above the main image. Both „guiding frames" are grouped with the elements, which they are expected to push up/down.

(What I don’t understand at all: This simple „Johanniter Weg, Utrecht“ element – why is it a HTM object?)

Just check this file, and if there are questions – ask!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter,

Many thnx. This is indeed enough for me to do the job.

Regarding the HTML-object; The text must be able to scale smoothly/fluidly when the window format changes and may not be converted to an image.

So thats the next challenge.

Regards,

Daniël

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For responsive text you may try this widget: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrry1tk9o2ihsiv/ResponsiveTextSize.zip?dl=0

It was created by the Muse team as a demo for widget development and works quite fine.

Place the „.mucow" just like an image onto your page and configure it. You may use Muse’s text tools to style it.

If this isn’t enough, there are several third party widgets out there, for example this one:

https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/products/2994#.Wmm4SGaX-uo

Or this one:

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/scaling-text

I personally use the second one. But be aware, that it needs a one year subscription to the complete widget and template offerings of MuseThemes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Günter,

Thank you for sending the options.

The first widget is exactly what I need! The text need still to be text after scaling the window and not converted to an image as in the second one.

Again, many thanks!

Regards,

Daniël

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines