• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to publish animate cc app on ios11 for testing?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to test my animate cc app on an iPad with ios11 and e keep getting an API error.

It works fine on an ipad with ios10 altough i had to downgrade itunes to version 12.4 otherwise the ipads wouldn't show on the device list.

Is this going to be solved ?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

report the problem with publishing to ios 11 and not ios 10:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnimateCC_deploymentError_ios11.png

This one...

Had to remove all Apple software (and delete all Apple remaining files left throughout) and install iTunes 12.4.

Only then devices would show on deployment list. All iPads with ios10 or below worked fine, this one has ios 11.

Using latest version of Windows 10.

Tested again on another computer with windows 10 and iTunes 12.7, no devices show on deployment list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

report the problem with publishing to ios 11 and not ios 10:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm if this bug was reported and is fixed or being fixed?  I am having a similar problem.  I don't get the actual error message shown here but when I have an iPhone X (iOS 11.2.5) device connected to my Mac, running up to date Animate CC, and try to look at publish settings, or if that is already open if I try to refresh the device list so I can publish direct to device, I simply get the spinning coloured wheel.  Unplugging the device releases Animate CC 2018.

I have also tested on an iPhone 7 plus also running iOS 11.2.5 with the same result.

However devices running earlier versions of iOS seem to work ok.  My iPhone 6 (iOS 11.0.3) and iPad mini (iOS 9.3.5), which are both running earlier iOS's work fine.

Thanks

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I found the answer to my version of the issue which was to open iTunes with the device attached and authorise it to share data with the computer.  Obviously a new security feature with later versions of iOS 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines