Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone video metadata being lost after Apple Photos export to LRCC import

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently switching over to LRCC and enjoying it. I still use Apple's Photos on MacOS/iOS as needed (mostly for iPhone photography before being imported) and I'm noticing something with old videos I have.

When I export them out of Apple Photos things are fine. When I import them into LRCC and they get converted they lose all date & time metadata and it changes to the current date & time. This is annoying because now all these videos are appearing at the top of my library because they are the "newest" but in reality that's not true.

How can this be preserved? So far, I just manually edit the timestamps to reflect what Apple stored it as.

If I set LRCC mobile to auto upload videos things seem to be fine, I think.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, as an update.

If I drag and drop the videos out of Apple Photos (on my Mac) to a folder and then import that folder into LRCC... the data is there.

If I select the videos in Apple Photos (on my mac) and export from the file menu to a folder, then import the folder into LRCC, the data changes to today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines