Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Import some pictures

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue where my Lightroom does not want to import one specific photo from a different catalog (when I use a catalog with more than one the situation doesn't change).

View post on imgur.com

Another related Issue is that there are some (in this specific folder 63) pictures Lightroom cannot synchronize for some unknown reason.

View post on imgur.com

Has anybody ever encountered those issues and was able to fix them?

Thanks Kai

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

I was able To resolve the other problem by manually importing the xmp file from the other catalog, but the automated process still doesn't work. As it did with the other 6 heavily edited pictures from the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Lightroom cannot synchronize a folder, it is almost always because the photos in that folder have already been imported into Lightroom, and are in some other folder. You must go into the Library module and search for one (or more) of these 63 photos by file name. First click on All Photographs, turn off filters, turn off stacking, and do the search using the Filter Bar by file name.

I point out, since this may be a source of confusion, that Lightroom is not a file browser, it does not have to show you the 63 files in that folder, if they are also imported into Lightroom in some other folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have not been imported to another folder I already checked for that, they should only be in that one folder, but I will check for that again.

But the more important issue for me.is the first.problem I described. In this case I basically just need the full.set of develop settings imported as I have edited the pictures on a different computer but want to have the edits on my main PC but using presets.does not preserve crop and perspective corrections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't view your screen capture of the first problem from here at work.

When you do the search for the 63 files, you must first click on All Photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the issue with the 63 pictures.

I simply told Lightroom not to check for duplicates, it appears that I had them in a different folder somewhere.

And here is the first Screenshot again:

SszM0Kc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see your screen capture.

I don't think importing is the solution, as the newly imported photos will not have the edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able To resolve the other problem by manually importing the xmp file from the other catalog, but the automated process still doesn't work. As it did with the other 6 heavily edited pictures from the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines