• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Option to "Upgrade Photoshop Elements Catalog" in Lightroom CC demo (downloaded today)

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking into converting from Elements Organizer 14 to Lightroom CC (v 1.1) and I thought moving the catalog would be fairly straightforward based on this forum post: How to import photos from Photoshop Elements, other Lightroom Classic CC catalogs, or apps such as i...​however, when I go under File in LRCC I only have the following options (shown below):

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 11.08.56 AM.png

Some information that may be relevant:

1) The Elements Organizer 14 Catalog is stored on an external hard drive.

2) I currently have the Organizer 14 Catalog open on my computer.

3) I have changed the "Storage location for originals" in Lightroom CC to be the same external hard drive where the Elements Organizer 14 catalog is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Kyle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

It's possible to migrate Photoshop Elements Organizer information using Lightroom Classic CC, but that feature isn't part of Lightroom CC at this time. Lightroom CC is only version 1.1. You will have to wait and see what develops in the future as the program matures.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to migrate Photoshop Elements Organizer information using Lightroom Classic CC, but that feature isn't part of Lightroom CC at this time. Lightroom CC is only version 1.1. You will have to wait and see what develops in the future as the program matures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response, it is disappointing that feature wasn't included from the beginning. Do you have any recommendations for importing pictures manually from an elements organizer? I would like to start working in lightroom soon. Would it be worthwhile to ditch my keywords and the like in the organizer in favor of lightroom's built-in machine learning tagging features?

Thanks!

Kyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either that, or add your own keywords in Lightroom CC. It's your choice. Remember, Lightroom CC is a new program in its infancy. I'm just a user like yourself, and I really don't use Lightroom CC that much. I prefer Lightroom Classic CC. I watch Lightroom CC and use it a little bit to see how it develops, but I haven't committed to it and don't plan to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Would it be worthwhile to ditch my keywords and the like in the organizer in favor of lightroom's built-in machine learning tagging features?

The Adobe Sensei keywords are additional to your own. I would not sacrifice them.

Try writing metadata in Organizer

Select all (Ctrl+A or Cmd+A) and go to:

File >> Save Metadata to Files

Then add photos to LrCC

You would lose albums, version sets, stacks etc. but at least your keywords will be saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines