• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick way to convert multiple excel spreadsheets that are not formated, to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Pro DC.   I have multiple excel spreadsheets which are not formated.  Is there an easy way to convert these spreadsheets to pdf without opening each individual file? I've been opening each excel spreadsheet formatting properly and then exported to pdf, however, this is a tedious process.    I know you can select multiple  excel files right click and convert to pdf, however, it's not converted properly because the original excel spreadsheet is not layout/formatted.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say I couldn't find it on Microsoft site.  Thanks so much for the link.

If I get a solution, I'll let you know.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, you are already able to convert multiple Excel files to Acrobat, but this isn't working for you because the Excel files are not formatted correctly.

Acrobat will not be able to format the Excel files correctly, and other than that, your workflow is fine.

Am I missing something? What is wrong with the formatting in Excel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can convert multiple excel files, but the excel files that looks similar to this sample, it converts into pdf exactly as this excel document and you can't see the text.

excel.jpgI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat can't fix that, sorry. The issue is that the column is not wide enough to display the numbers. When text is cut off, Excel will display part of the cell and cut off the rest, but it won't do that with numbers. Otherwise you might think it said 30 when it was really 300,000. The spreadsheet will also print with the pound signs if you send it to your printer.

You need to ask on an Excel forum if there is a way to solve your problem. You want to autofit the columns—maybe using a macro or Visual Basic.

It is not an Acrobat issue.

Oh, a date is a number in Excel. January 1, 1900 is the number 1, formatted as a date.

You could also apply a different date format, such as m/d/yyyy or m/d/yy if the four digit year doesn't fit in that narrow column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think there was a way, but figured I'd ask anyway.  I thought it may be an excel issue and not Acrobat, but I couldn't find the excel forum on the Adobe site so I figured I'd post in Acrobat  Thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenda,

Excel is a Microsoft product and Acrobat is an Adobe product, so that's why you didn't find Excel when you looked at the Adobe site. Not everyone who volunteers at this forum also knows Excel. I know Excel, but not Visual Basic. What you want to do is automate autosizing the columns with numbers so the entire number shows up. If it were an InDesigen table, I would send you to the scripting forum!

I did a Google search and found a couple of Excel forums. Here's one:

http://www.msofficeforums.com/excel/Excel Forum

If you do get an Excel solution, I'd love to hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say I couldn't find it on Microsoft site.  Thanks so much for the link.

If I get a solution, I'll let you know.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that makes so much more sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Everyone, i would like to share this with you on how you easily convert your excelsheets to PDF file easily without any software.

https://youtu.be/0pMvNUOdKRw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines