Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Deselect a Folder (Not Image)

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is direct way to deselect a folder / Collection / Album? (I know how to deselect a selected image).

Below is just an example. I have 1st selected a folder and then a collection. Now selecting back the folder wouldn't display images from the folder. I still see images from collection.

I know selecting different folder/album from the same node will deselect previous folder/album. But there should be a way to deselect the folder. right?

please help me.

Actual issue is:

I have only 1 publish collection in a publish service node (Not shown in below picture) which is already selected. so I can't reselect again to view the images.

Thanks,

Bhanu

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

I have 1st selected a folder and then a collection. Now selecting back the folder wouldn't display images from the folder. I still see images from collection.

It sounds like you've tripped over a longstanding bug: Lightroom : Selected Published Folder or Collection is not deselected if a folder is selected | Photoshop Family Custome… The workaround is to select a different folder or collection, or to select All Photographs, and then select the folder or collection you want.

Please add your constr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images in the collection may also be in the folder. A Collection is just a "LIST" of images. Like writing a list on a piece of paper.

A folder, the folder you have selected, is an actual folder on your hard drive where the images are stored.

To deselect a folder or a collection click the All Photographs or any of the entries in the Catalog section.

Basically something in the left hand panel of the Library module has to be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I am sorry, my question was not clear. my issue is resolved now. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 1st selected a folder and then a collection. Now selecting back the folder wouldn't display images from the folder. I still see images from collection.

It sounds like you've tripped over a longstanding bug: Lightroom : Selected Published Folder or Collection is not deselected if a folder is selected | Phot... The workaround is to select a different folder or collection, or to select All Photographs, and then select the folder or collection you want.

Please add your constructive opinion to that bug report, and click Me Too in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. Issue is fixed when I close and reopen the LR. If issue comes again, I will create a dummy 2nd collection in the same node as a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines