• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 2148532263

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat DC, updated to latest release.

In Reader, I get the error above with "Access is denied to this file"

In Acrobat DC (Pro), the windows is grey out and application hangs.

The digital signature I am using is government issued non-exportable smart card based one. The reader used is Gemalto CT30.

Would that be a Gemalto related issue? Or Adobe related?

Note that I can' use the signature to protect an MS Word document without a problem.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bensina,

Sorry for being late in answering your query.

Are you still facing this issue? If yes, check if Acrobat/Reader is updated to the latest patch by clicking "check for updates" under help menu. You may also download updates manually using these links: Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows , Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows . If that doesn't work, try launching the application as an administrator and then try signing again.

You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to: Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Also, let us know the dot version of the application installed on the machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adorobat,

Actually, the versions of Acrobat DC and Reader DC on the links you've posted are 2018.009.20044 while the version installed right now on my PC is 2018.009.20050, so I think I've got the latest.

I've tried running both Acrobat DC and Reader DC as Administrator, that didn't help either.

Thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're Welcome!

Could you try running Reader in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and check if that works: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible 

Also, make sure you have downloaded the latest driver for smartcard from the manufacturer's website.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run both in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and Windows 8, as a normal user and as Administrator. The same error occurs in Reader and the same freeze happens in Acrobat. I have checked Gemalto's site and the driver I have installed the same that is offered on their site, a version from Dec 16, 2016.

If the error was more descriptive in Reader as in what is the file which Access is denied to it, it might have been more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling Reader using the steps given here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028054/windows-repair-or-remove-programs-in-windows-10 , reboot the machine, install Reader from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution , reboot the machine and try again.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try creating a new user profile using the steps given in the following link and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-accoun... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines