• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magnetic lasoo tool crashes photoshop after update

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The magnetic lasoo tool makes photoshop crash every time I try to select it.

It happens when the cursor is set to precise in the preferences.

I constantly feel like a beta tester for adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Hi All,

Please update Photoshop to 19.1.1 version, which includes the fix for "Photoshop CC 2018 crashes while using Pen/Magnetic Lasso Tool".

Also, refer the list of other fixed issues in 19.1.1 release: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

To update Photoshop CC to 19.1.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop CC.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi munecito,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused because of the Magnetic lasso tool crashing Photoshop after the recent 19.1 version.

A workaround is to Change the cursor preference to standard and that will prevent the crash. Navigate to the Preferences>Cursors menu as shown below.

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. I'd  also recommend you to take a look at this discussion Photoshop CC 19.1: Crashes when using Magnetic Lasso Tool | Photoshop Family Customer Community ​as this is community is monitored by our Engineers actively,

Thanks,

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even then there seems to be a problem with CC 2018 crashing if the caplock key state is lock.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source

Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎24-‎Jan-‎18 8:22 PM

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Photoshop.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Photoshop.exe

Application Version:    19.1.0.38906

Application Timestamp:    5a5dba9e

Fault Module Name:    StackHash_8575

Fault Module Version:    10.0.16299.192

Fault Module Timestamp:    6dead514

Exception Code:    c0000374

Exception Offset:    PCH_54_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000A09C4

OS Version:    10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    8575

Additional Information 2:    8575937f7892f89135277a7905b44243

Additional Information 3:    4dc4

Additional Information 4:    4dc4aa7c751564f6e80a68dc97fabdfa

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID:    e3a6a6e906e55e6065d980d4563efdfc (1574431194211089916)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caps Lock sets the cursor to Precise, so that will encounter the issue as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same exact issue with the pen tool, tried the cursor change... Didn't work.  Tried this on 2 different computers (one at work and one at home).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated photoshop cc 2018 and immediately it crashes when using the magnetic lasso tool which sucks because this is the most used tool for me. I can't use the program at this time and have to use Coreldraw, have no time to figure what is wrong or reload. Not good that Adobe releases a program update without making sure it works 100%. If I dont check my work and send it to the client I lose my job period!!

Is there a fix? I need precise tooling for what I'm doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all:

I reverted back to version 19.0 and all of my problems have stopped.  Until they release a patch or fix I will continue to use 19.0 so I can keep my projects moving forward.

To install a later version of Photoshop open you Creative Cloud app and click the down arrow on the right side of the blue button for Photoshop

Then pick "Other Versions" and install 19.0.  It took care of all my issues and I am able to use all my tools without any problems.  It is not a perfect fix, but it will get you working again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please update Photoshop to 19.1.1 version, which includes the fix for "Photoshop CC 2018 crashes while using Pen/Magnetic Lasso Tool".

Also, refer the list of other fixed issues in 19.1.1 release: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

To update Photoshop CC to 19.1.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop CC.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found everything froze after using the magnetic tool leaving me no option but to crash my mac and start over. (All the commands were were greyed out. However, having read all the answers in this thread, I clicked on Adobe Ps Preferences which was pretty much the only thing not greyed out. I was going to see if I could change the cursor pref to standard as suggested, but it was already marked as standard. HOWEVER, when I went back into my page, by dint of just going into Preferences, it seemed to un-grey all the commands so I could deselect the magnetic tool. What a palava but it did work. I just won't use this tool again! I should add my version is 20.0.0 so clearly this fault is still happening but hope the above offers a getaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines