• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advancing Layer Comps Actions Help

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not all that experienced with Actions, but I'm wondering if its possible to create the following action with a multi-Layer Comped file:

1) Set Layer Comp to 1

2) delete hidden layers (this I know how to do)

3) Save it out based on the Layer Comp name

4) Restore to the original file

5) advance to then next layer comp and repeat

The action would run for however many layer comps there are...

possible?

Much thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Export > Layer Comps to Files does most of this already… Not deleting the layers that have visibility off is not an issue for flattened file formats, however PSD will retain these layers if used as the output format. There is an option in layers to delete hidden layers, so the Layer Comps to Files script could probably be hacked to include this extra step, or a two step/pass workflow could be created to first save out the layered PSD comps, then run a simple action to delete the hidden layers as a second batch step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stephen-

True- but I was wondering if there was a way to automate changing from one layer comp to the next...so- for example - if you have a psd file with 100 layer comps, you want to delete all the hidden layers (no problem), from layer comp 1, save, restore the file to its original condition, then switch to ayer comp 2  (the hard part), and repeat...until all the stripped down layer comps are exported to files.

make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does make sense, which is why I posted links to scripts that do this in post #2 (I tested the second link).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines