Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New update 24 jan 2018 mouse cursor flickering

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

When i updated photoshop cc 2018 today  my mouse cursor is flickering , I cant control it  , and I cant also center any image in photoshop  cc 2018

What can i do Please ?

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

Have you restarted your computer?

Is it a wireless mouse, and if yes, what are its batteries like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10 64 bit

I restarted computer several times

I have pc not laptop

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before yesterday update  Photoshop work like a charm ant there is no problem

this problem occurs after update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled photoshop cc 2018 and reinstalled again from cc desktop but the problem still here

Any solution !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help Here

I don't know what can I do !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Tried looking for adware (which some people suggested) nothing found. I also tried removing certain extensions people recommended, but that didn't work either. Hope we get a fix soon.

Windows 10

Surface Book 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also looked for adware and nothing found , reset Photoshop preferences , uninstalled and reinstalled again 3 times but problem still here ... I can't know what can i do else ??!!

Windows 10 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem Solved Finally

go to path : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces

rename file Adobe Spaces Helper.exe to Adobe Spaces Helper 2.exe

restart photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its because of "elevated user rights" during install.

Some files don't get over written properly.

Its a crap shoot. Some machines have proper user rights installed, some don't.

Not really a Adobe problem , but a OS issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jbm007 - It sounds like the solution is to install with admin privileges. Do you know of any way to install with elevated user rights through the Creative Cloud app?

I'm the admin (with full rights) for our office network and I have to say, while some of this might be an OS issue, every other piece of software we use has figured out how to properly overwrite files when updating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you think we'd have mouse issues with other apps then? Of course. It's both on my laptop and desktop in Dreamweaver the cursor disappears, has odd transformations, and movements. Not even in Photoshop do I get this. So many aspects of Dreamweaver were ruined by the last reworking. Not an issue if the bugs were fixed instead of passing the buck with misinformation like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to downgrade to version 19.0 through the creative cloud app. After doing that the issue was solved. Going to stay away from 19.1 until this is resolved by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find the solution here: worked for me for all Adobe software: Photoshop CC 2018 Flickering cursor/menus not opening Problem Fix - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also had this issue (you can work around the off-centre thing by snapping the workspace off then maximising it, and fitting [ctrl-0] and then snapping it back on but it doesn't fix the cursor flicker). The Youtube fix didn't help but Adobe Cleaner tool seems to have done the trick, so far anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines