Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tether shooting mode not showing up in the Lightroom CC menu

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I connected my Nikon D3S to my MacBook pro and the tether is not showing up in the "file" menu at all.

I have Lightroom CC 1.0 with all updates installed, Mac OS Sierra 10.13.2

Why can't I see that my camera is connected, nor a tether option ??

Thank you for your help

Gaelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Lightroom CC is a new program starting from ground 0. Tethered shooting is not an option that has been provided for ANY camera yet. It may be added in the future, but that has not been nor will it ever be announced in advance. You will have to watch Lightroom CC grow and mature and see what is added in the future. When and if your camera is added for tethered support is something that you will simply have to wait and see if it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh gosh.... Thank you Jim...

would you know another way to shoot tethered ?? Not very professional looking with clients on site... brand new laptop and that damn CC is not up to our needs obviously...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never shot tethered. My camera has that capability, and Lightroom supports it (Lightroom Classic CC) but I have never ventured into that realm. According to the list of supported cameras, Lightroom Classic CC does support tethered shooting for your camera. Not every camera is supported for tethered shooting. In fact, the list is really quite short. So if that is something that is a high priority you should consider your equipment purchases carefully. Here is a link to a list of cameras that are supported for tethered shooting and Lightroom as well as what version is required at a minimum to have tethered shooting:

A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaelle,

Yes you would need to be running Lightroom Classic-CC (the "Desktop" version of Lightroom) or any version higher than v3 - see Jim's link above.

I have used tethering with a Nikon D750 very successfully. Several demonstration  'Portrait' workshops with laptop screened to a projector and large screen. Also a wedding photo booth- guests took their own photo with a remote trigger and images appeared (within 5 secs) as Full-screen on a monitor.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help guys.

I have installed LR CC Classic and it works now just fine

Thank you again so much !

Best,

Gaelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know how you are doing this. I have a Nikon D750, the latest Lightroom and on a mac OS Monterey 12.6. The option to tether doesn't even appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tether in is NOT available in Lightroom (-Desktop.  Cloud version)

Tethering is only available in Lightroom-CLASSIC.

And in LrC my D750 works well to tether!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines