• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS4 Extended - "could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document"

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed the Photoshop cs4 but when I tried to open a .cr2 photo an error was given by photoshop. During the installation I followed the instructions given below:

"Important: Some Windows product downloads include two files: an .exe file and a .7z file. To install the software, it's necessary that both files are downloaded and located in the same folder. Otherwise, an error can appear when you start the installer. Errors include "Windows cannot open this file" and "The file archive part of Adobe [product name] is missing."

As you can see in the below screenshot i have placed the .7z and the .exe (Setup) in the same folder as metnioned in the above caption but the error message "could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document" is still being given.

Screenshot.jpg

photoshop shot.jpg

kindly, can someone help me ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

The canon 600D is too new to be supported by photoshop cs4 which can only use up to camera raw 5.7 and the canon 600D requires at least camera raw 6.4.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

You can use the adobe dng converter 10.1 tio convert the 600D cr2s to dng copies, which then cs4 should open.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.1

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

While your at it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like ps is installed. 

is there any problem with your ps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ps is installed but I'm having problems to open my photos as you can see in the screen shot above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows are you using?

Which canon camera are the cr2 files from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i'm using windows 10 home edition and  y camera is a canon 600d.Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The canon 600D is too new to be supported by photoshop cs4 which can only use up to camera raw 5.7 and the canon 600D requires at least camera raw 6.4.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

You can use the adobe dng converter 10.1 tio convert the 600D cr2s to dng copies, which then cs4 should open.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.1

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

While your at it, you should at least install the photoshop 11.0.2 update and camera raw 5.7 plugin update to get the bug fixes.

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop CS4 11.0.2 update - multiple languages

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Camera Raw 5.7 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can I buy from you a more recent photoshop that can handle my canon 600d?Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can subscribe to the Photographer Plan for $10 per month to get the current Photoshop and all updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say that during installation a error pop up came saying that there was an error and to contact adobe but I totally ignored it cause the installation continued witnout any problems .but after when I came to open my photo it result in failing to open.

Thank Raymond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi just to express my big thanks for all the help very much apriciated.

Thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines