3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2009 5:54 AM by katief82949864

Director Stage when Publishing

katief82949864 Level 1
      Hello,

When I publish a movie from Director, the stage automatically converts from whatever percentage I'm viewing at to 100%. Is there a way to make it stay at the percentage I was working at? It's frustrating to have to re-size everytime I publish. Thanks very much
        • 1. Re: Director Stage when Publishing
          James Newton, ACP Level 3
          Are you publishing as a projector or for playback using the Shockwave plug-in in a browser?

If it is for Shockwave, look at the HTML tab of the Publish Settings dialog. You can set the "Object/Embed Rectangle" to stretch according to the size of the browser window.

If it is for a projector, then the movie will always be published at the Stage Size that you set at the Movie tab of the Property Inspector. Since this size is given in pixels, changing the zoom of stage view will have no effect.

Could you give more details on what you are trying to do?
          • 2. Re: Director Stage when Publishing
            Level 7
            > Are you publishing as a projector or for playback using the Shockwave plug-in
            > in a browser?

I think the OP is talking about the zoom settings applied to the stage
            in the authoring environment from the drop-down on the bottom-left of
            the window.

I don't think there's anything that can be done to stop this as the file
            is closed and re-opened while being published and the zoom settings
            aren't saved with the file.
            • 3. Re: Director Stage when Publishing
              katief82949864 Level 1
              What Sean said. I am publishing as an exe file and the authoring stage goes to 100% everytime I publish. Time for a bigger monitor I think! Thanks anyway