• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC stuck "Syncing 1 Photo" for hours

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just excitedly, potentially, foolishly migrated my Lightroom Classic library to the new Lightroom CC.

It's been powering along with the upload - my library isn't huge at 200gb, and the fibre has held up well.  The app is now stuck 'Syncing 1 Photo', and has been for hours.

Looking at network traffic in/out of my machine I can see there's nothing happening (unlike the 20mb/sec I've been seeing for most of the day).  So I don't think there is actually an upload happening.

Is there a way to debug and find out what single image is potentially stuck?  The new interface is very light on information.

Things I've tried...

• Restart Lightroom CC
  • Reboot

Running: Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra, v1 Lightroom CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Hi Marek,

In grid view, please hold down the Option key (Mac) while clicking on the cloud icon in the upper right. This should show you which photos are still trying to sync. From here you would have the option to delete these and re-import them. Can you please try this step and confirm if this helped or not.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue. I am just trying to sync 400 photos, so far 50 have synced in 24 hours with my 22Mb/s upload.

Data sent has been mainly sitting around 100bytes-3KB.

High Sierra 10.13.1 DP3 and New Lightroom v1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edward & James,

Can you please share the diagnostic log captured from LR CC.

In order to share the diagnostic logs.

Please click on Adobe Lightroom CC>Preferences and in the Account panel hold down the Alt/option key.

You will get an option of Diagnostic log and Full report.

You need to click on diagnostic log and then click on show in finder. Share that file with us on forums as an attachment.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I share the file privately?  I'm not comfortable sharing this information publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send me a private message.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!Facing the same issue.

• First it was with one photo stuck syncing. Option click on Cloud Sync status button revealed a bunch of photos.
  • I deleted the ones I didn't need.
  • Downloaded the originals + settings.
  • Re-imported originals + settings.
  • Files completed uploading/syncing
  • Now Lightroom CC is stuck trying to sync Three Photos

This bug/issue also affects Lightroom Classic. Lightroom Classic is stuck in an endless loop trying to sync some of these mystery photos. Which then results in high CPU count + massive battery drain. Option + click on the Sync Status in Lightroom Classic does nothing.

• I'm not seeing how to attach the diagnostic logs here in the WYSISWYG editor.

My Workflow:

1. Backup/Sync to Lightroom CC
  2. Edit with Lightroom CC until I run into a function wherein I need Lightroom Classic

Lightroom Classic

1. Sync with the Cloud
    1. I hate how LR Classic downloads all of the image files at original/full resolution.
    2. If I am backing up to the LR cloud servers and that is my primary workflow, then why do I need to re-download the image files? What's the point?
      1. I don't want to be lugging around my portable hard drive.
  2. Perform **batch** edits and other various edits that cannot be performed in LR CC.

Since I cannot attach files when I DM the Adobe moderator that is active on this thread I'm just going to dump the diagnostic log here:

[HTML] Lightroom CC Stuck Syncing - Pastebin.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to point out, I think its funny that the section of the report titled "Conflict Resolver" always returns an empty table. Okay that's my two cents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently migrated 25000 photos from my classic db to the cloud. The final step took the longest - the actual syncing of photos. MANY times I would find the lightroom helper CC process consuming 100% of the CPU(s) with zero network traffic and no discernible progress anywhere - the status dialog just said "syncing photos..."

I'd kill the process and it would restart and I'd see network traffic crank for a while longer and the number of photos sync'd go up but eventually it would get back to this hung state. It took many many hours and restarts to get all the photos sync'd. IMHO something in the process that performs sync is getting into a loop or race condition where it eats CPU but doesn't actually do anything - no disk io, no memory consumption, no network traffic.

FYI: this was on a mac running Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Mac on High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I synchronized 21,000 photos. Now I have had the message "syncin 1 foto"for a few days now.  Ask for help to solve this problem. macOs sierra, version 10.12.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, what is the solution to this?  Mine's been stuck saying "Syncing 22,400 photos" for a couple days.  Despite the usage in desktop and mobile both showing showing 268GB out of 1TB used, the mobile app says "Synced and Backed up" with only 8,756 photos in "All Photos", this seems very wrong.

Windows 10 64-bit, Version 1.0

Please help, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marek,

In grid view, please hold down the Option key (Mac) while clicking on the cloud icon in the upper right. This should show you which photos are still trying to sync. From here you would have the option to delete these and re-import them. Can you please try this step and confirm if this helped or not.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation on a PC and desperate for a solution to this. Lightroom wont work while it's stuck syncing (since the update) I am in grid view but there is no cloud icon anywhere on my screen. Is it different on a PC? Can you show a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and could solve it in this way: clicked on the cloud icon with option key pressed to get the images that won't sync, then changed the star rating of these images - the syncing continued!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the cloud icon? I don't see it on my interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That one in the upper right corner:

Cloud icon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for that Thomas. My mistake. Ohhh...I think I'm in the wrong forum. I don't have that icon in Lightroom, none of that looks familiar. I see now that Lightroom CC is now called Lightroom CC Classic. That's the app I am using where sync is stuck since I upgraded. Sorry about that, I didn't mean to hijack this forum from the original poster I thought I was on the same issue in the same app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe it or not after over a WEEK of frustration this worked for me. Selected all, set as 1-star rating and it began syncing right away.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an equivalent way to do this on on the PC version of Lightroom CC? I've tried holding the ALT, CTRL, and Windows key while clicking the cloud icon and it doesn't tell me what photos are syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Navigate to photo grid view in Lightroom CC. Hold down the alt key on the keyboard and click on the cloud icon at the top right corner.

It should display the images which have not been synced. Select all those images by pressing Ctrl + a and apply a star rating.

This should help in syncing those files. Let me know if you need any more help.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gautam,

I've tried that several times to no avail. I've also, reluctantly, tried deleting all of the un-synced photos and re-importing them. That seems to work briefly and then it gets stuck again. I've done it a second time already and now I'm down to a backlog of "only" 1513 un-synced photos out of 1,895 total. This is a pretty miserable introduction to the new Lightroom CC so far. Is there any other way to manually force it to start re-syncing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem but I so not have cloud icon on my mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have emptied out ALL of the photos.  And it's still saying "syncing 6 photos".  When I tried to do what you suggested, I see no photos.  Here are screen shots.  As you can see, the library is otherwise empty but the "syncing" message won't go away.

Empty Catalogue syncing.pngSyncing 6 photos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mpochaw, were you able to resolve this issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines