• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image opens oversaturated and changes to regular all of a sudden

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recent problem occurs while opening a standard jpg file in Photoshop.

The image is oversaturated and looks wrong. While doing some corrections the image suddenly turns to the correct colour management and looks correct. So far I couldn't determine what I have to do to get Photoshop to show the correct colours.

I am using a two Monitor setup with the Photoshop monitor being a hardware calibratet BenQ Monitor.

I tried different set-ups already usin adobe rgb and srgb as well. So far I havent found a work around.

I think the problem started with the last Photoshop update... can't be sure though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ole

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the BenQ is a wide gamut model, and that's where you see the oversaturation, right? It sounds like Photoshop isn't using the right display profile - until something makes it. Using an "sRGB -type" display profile for a wide gamut display will cause oversaturation.

This is the first time I've heard about it in Photoshop - but it is actually not all that uncommon in ACR. What happens is that the profile for the main display is used even when the application is on the secondary display. A typical configuration is laptop + external desktop monitor.

Whether it's an Adobe bug or an OS bug is impossible to say. Maybe a combination. Try to switch display assignments in the OS (main <> secondary) and see if it still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought so too... It actually does look like Photoshop is using the

setting from my primary monitor (only software calibrated and not wide

gamut) and changes back to the correct setting at a certain point.

I am not on a Laptop/external Monitor setting. I am using a Desktop PC

with my 24" Acer "ordinary" Display as my primary monitor and my Benq

SW2700 as secondary.

I will to switch primary for secondary tomorrow and see whether this helps.

Thank you for your ideas!

Am 26.01.2018 um 19:28 schrieb D Fosse:

>

Image opens oversaturated and changes to regular all of a sudden

created by D Fosse <https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse> in

/Photoshop/ - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/10132338#10132338>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh - almost forgot: Don't change anything in Color Settings! That's not where the problem is. This is about the display profile, not the document profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines