Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat and Acrobat DC freeze upon launch — Mac OSX High Sierra 10.13.2

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been unable to use Acrobat (for some reason I have two versions) since I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.2. It opens, but freezes immediately when I try to open a document or do anything else. I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016). From digging through these forums I now see that I should never upgrade my OSX and expect anything Adobe to work, but alas! A bit late this time. All of my other Adobe applications are working (though it takes a good 4 minutes for ID / AI / PS to launch).

I have tried most of the things listed here:

Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

I've uninstalled and re-installed at least 5 times, rebooted, checked for updates, etc. Acrobat works fine when I'm in minimized/safe mode, but I don't understand what that means I should do in order to make it work in regular mode.

Please send help!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julial,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you still facing this issue? If yes, could you try troubleshooting steps given below:

Click on the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen > System preferences

Click Extensions > uncheck the box next to the extension to disable it.

Reboot the machine and check.

Also, let us know Acrobat version you have on the machine? To check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

Thanks for your note! I am still facing this issue. And, when I followed your directions, I don't have any Adobe extensions listed.

I am apparently using Acrobat Pro DC Version 2018.011.20038.

Is there anything else you would recommend?

All the best,

Julia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julia,

Could you try installing the latest patch 18.011.20040 from this link: 18.011.20040 Planned update, May 14, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products , reboot the machine and check.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

Thanks for your suggestion! I tried it, but no luck unfortunately . Let me know if you have any other ideas!

All the best,

Julia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Julia,

Could you try disabling login items using the steps given in the following link, and then launching Acrobat and check.

macOS Sierra: If you think you have incompatible login items

You may also visit this link which explains about: safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines