• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Encrypt / Encrypt with Password (Acrobat Pro DC / 2017)

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm banging my head on this one and trying to figure this out.....

I have the full version of Acrobat via Creative Cloud services and working on creating a fillable form field for our sales team.

The fillable form fields are working and after I have filled them out - I go to Protect / Encrypt / Encrypt with Password /

I keep running into this pop-up. "You can not change security on this document because the document is signed or certified"....

I have looked into having any signatures / certifications on the document and I can't see any.

I really need this to work as I want our sales team be able to lock out the form fields after they have filled them out and save out for our customers.
We do not want our customers being able to edit.

I know that "Restrict Editing" does not work as that leaves the form fields still working after saving which I don't want...

Can anyone help?

Thank you so much

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you "Reader-enable" the file?

On 26 January 2018 at 16:32, melissan13281451 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I did save the file out as a extended format so Acrobat Reader can do edits.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's akin to digitally signing it. You don't need to enable the file unless the users have a relatively old version of Reader. It's not necessary with the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! Thank you for getting this figured out... Now have to go back to square one and start again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have password for this program cc 2018 adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines