• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 failing to import selected images

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom version 6.14 running on macOS High Sierra, version 10.13.1 and when I select specific images to import from SD cards, Lightroom fails to import them consistently; sometimes it imports a few from my selection, sometimes none, rarely does it ever import every selection i’ve made. Very often it will stall on the importing process and I have to x out the import process and quit the application.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

There also may be an issue with the card slot on your Mac.

There also may be a permissions problem with the Destination folder you have selected to copy the images to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fool Tech,

sorry to here that the images are not importing properly, could you please let us know are there any external devices plugged into your computer? If yes, could you try removing them and then try to import?

Also, could you try copying a few images to your desktop and then try to import them in Lightroom?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I do not have any external devices connected to the computer.

I tried importing images from my desktop and did not have any issues, every single selected image was imported successfully.

Is there something wrong with the way Lightroom is reading the SD cards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a card reader or is there a sd card slot available in your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the built in card slot on the MacBook pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might be possible that there is an issue with the card itself, could you try using a different card & let us know if that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There also may be an issue with the card slot on your Mac.

There also may be a permissions problem with the Destination folder you have selected to copy the images to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines