• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Other App windows popping up in PS

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway I can make sure that the tops of other app windows don't work there way into my PS workspace? If I click on the top bar they disappear, but it's just so annoying every time I navigate over to PS, whatever apps are open (Chrome, Safari, Finder windows) creep into my workspace! See attached screen grab. I'm using PS CC 2017 and also 2018 and High Sierra 10.13.3

Thanks!Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 15.51.14.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Click the green Maximize button in the top left of the frame, next to the red and yellow buttons. It looks like the Application Frame is extended beyond the display. That happens sometimes. Your document should display correctly too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Application Frame. Go to the Window menu and check Application Frame, near the bottom. On the Mac that keeps all of Photoshop in one big workspace frame and you won't have that experience of clicking off of it and switching to other apps.

Also in Preferences > Workspace, make sure Open Documents as Tabs is checked.

Photoshop CCScreenSnapz039.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve - that definitely works! I'm not used to working with tabs, so my one question is now I'm missing the info that you would normally see at the bottom left of a window showing vital stats such as Doc dimensions, Doc profile, Doc size etc

How can one get that back using a tabbed window?

Thanks again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's at the bottom left corner of the Application Frame. Click and hold on the Doc size widget for more info, or click the right arrow for more view options.

Photoshop CCScreenSnapz040.jpgPhotoshop CCScreenSnapz041.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I can't get to the bottom of the Application Frame. This is what my currently tabbed file looks like open. I have a scroll bar on the right for vertical, but nothing down below. Screen-Shot-2018-01-26-at-16.54.18.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS

The screen grab doesn't cover the right half of the workspace where the vertical scrollbar and panels are...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bug you again, but another strange thing is happening. My image in this screen grab is at 100% but all of it isn't contained on the screen. The lower 15% or so of the image is cut off and I'm not able to scroll up and down.Screen-Shot-2018-01-26-at-17.27.06.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the green Maximize button in the top left of the frame, next to the red and yellow buttons. It looks like the Application Frame is extended beyond the display. That happens sometimes. Your document should display correctly too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Steve!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines