• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Asset issue warning but no Issue reported?

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When removing the image that was causing the problem, the message is no longer present, but now I can't add any image any more. This because no matter which picture I add and alter the aspect from will cause the alert to pop up, even though the pictures are big enough?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

If it is a bug (as I said: I don’t think so):

Why on earth you don’t provide a file, with which a Muse engineer may reproduce it and might be able to find the cause?

Biut: No more words from my side: For me, it is a waste of time, to ask again and again for cooperation. I am not a petitioner, I only tried to assist …

Wish you luck …

By the way: If we read the posts in this thread, we don’t even know, what "asset issue warning“ you are talking about, because an „asset issue warning“ doesn’t exist:

1. The

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RISTØV  wrote

alter the aspect

I assume alter the aspect = make bigger... in which case yes that always gives a warning

standard fix is to make the image as big (edit in Photoshop) as you need it at the biggest breakpoint but we don't have any details so thats just a guess at this point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's responsive so stretch to width, besides none of the other photo's with the same aspect are giving this issue.

Now since I found that particular photo and deleted it, ANY photo/jpg I read to the website will make this warning appear again. Although the asset seem to be fine, no error on the asset info page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all pages but one, delete all elements but one „misbehaving“ photo and share this file with us (–> Dropbox, CC Files, …) – together with the original(!) image, which is placed on the page. Then we can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Again, no need, delete the photo that was causing the issue, but NOW; when re-adding any OTHER picture, that wasn't causing a issue before is making this error pop-up. When testing the site, this is no real issue since the asset is properly sized. so not trying to squeeze a 400/900 in a 1920/1200 site full width & height, besides, pictures were not an issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reproduce and fix the bug, a file, which demonstrates the issue, is required.

If you don’t give us a sample file, nobody will be able to fix it.

It is as simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

That's counter productive to the whole situation, as I'm rather stating muse has a bug than my file has problem. Since I found the file that was ''causing'' this so called problem, 1 particular image, which has been replaced by many other pictures/the same with different settings and deleted all together. Nothing works except deleting the picture, then whatever I add back to the muse project, so NOT the same place OR file, the muse project stills says there is an issue, even though that file is new. <- And was working before.

Again, the file itself works fine once it's loaded. It's the fact that I found the file, deleted it, and any file after that is causing this pop-up.

I don't want to share this file since there is some custom widget designs in there and copyright stuff that I don't want to be freely on the web, plus, again, stating that the problem is isolated, but the app still behaves weird in terms of this popup. ( that does not seem to affect the web )

Thanks anyway for thinking along! No pun intended and hope you understand

Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! If you don’t accept this way to help – it is your decision! (I am quite sure, that this is no bug, but …)

Wonder, which kind of assistance you are hoping for …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it not a bug when it cause's not problem to the site and when the isolated file is deleted it some how returns no matter what file no matter where in the project you place back. Seems that the pop-up is coming up no matter what, even though the asset assistent is stating no problem.

I was hoping for some insight, to know, why even though the problem was removed, it still happens as soon as I re-add any other file that is not causing a problem before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not delete the "copyright" stuff, the custom made widget and show the reduced to the issue causing elements .muse?

This part of the web is quite safe , I guess.

If you like you could also send private messages in this forum.

You may ask Günter Heißenbüttel​ if he is willing to help this way – if someone is able to find the culprit, he is .

In this forum it is never the less helpfull to other members as well to "see" solutions in order to help themselves.

And BTW, © exists here in this forum as well as and is respected as all over the world.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a bug (as I said: I don’t think so):

Why on earth you don’t provide a file, with which a Muse engineer may reproduce it and might be able to find the cause?

Biut: No more words from my side: For me, it is a waste of time, to ask again and again for cooperation. I am not a petitioner, I only tried to assist …

Wish you luck …

By the way: If we read the posts in this thread, we don’t even know, what "asset issue warning“ you are talking about, because an „asset issue warning“ doesn’t exist:

1. There might be a warning during export, concerning upsampled files, or
  2. there might be a warning, when visiting your published site in browser, concerning missing files. Or
  3. there might be warnings in the „Assets“ panel about missing („?“) or upsampled („!") files.

Nobody can know for sure, about which „asset issue warning“ (1. or 2.) you are talking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter, my best MUSE-man.

Just trying to optimize ...: I have all my images and stuff for my MUSE site laying around in different folders on my computer and on an extra drive. Would it make sense to upload them all to MUSE with the "add files for upload"? I normally just upload if I want people to be able to download them from the site in high res- but I am thinking that if I did, they all would be closer to the HTML site? Would it change the loading time? What if I need to work on my site from another mac, where my images are not? Or my extra drive is somewhere else. Or are they all embedded just by being assets?

Looking forward to your input on this matter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hege_d​: Ups, please excuse me, I unfortunately Iost track to your post!

I think, it is not the best idea to add all your assets to your Muse site. It will increase your exporting time exorbitantly, increases the size of your .muse file and won’t improve the loading times of your site at all. Browsers are looking for the images on the actual page/breakpoint using nothing but the paths defined in your HTML files. Browsers don’t bother about images in other places likethe „assets“ folder . This is especially true, as Muse often has to optimise and subsequently rename your images.

There is a far better way to keep your images in one place on your computer: Use the „Collect“ command: The small „suitcase“ icon at the bottom of your „Assets“ panel:

Look at this screencast:

If you use this command, Muse copies all your original assets into this folder. If necessary, file names will be modified (if there are identically named assets), and the asset paths of your Muse document are customized to point into this new folder.

If you hand over your Muse project to another user/a different computer, just copy your Muse file and this folder, and you are done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I knew I should ask you! Your answer is very helpful! Thank you so very much, Günter!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines