• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue Bounding Boxes

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select a layer in Rigging Mode I get a contoured yellow outline around the shape, but I also get a blue box defining, I guess, the larger area the layer fits in. However, sometimes these blue boxes are particularly large and seem to effect movement.

For example, if I highlight my right leg, a blue rectangle appears that just fits around that leg, but if I highlight the left leg, I get a blue box that encloses most—though, oddly, not quite all—of the body layer. The left leg origin is within the shape of the leg and there are no other obvious handles, dangles or pins outside the shape. Both left and right leg are independent of the the Body and are arranged with the same hierarchy.

I guess what I'm really asking is, could someone explain the blue bounding boxes to me?

Thanks,

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

> when I look the left leg over in PS, there's no evidence of some stray bit farther off in the frame that is constituting part of the layer

With the layer selected in PS, if you hit cmd-T (ctrl-T on windows) to show the bounding box of the layer, does it indicate that there are more pixels that you can see?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that happens to me sometimes is I get an object in the wrong layer. The blue bounding box is the maximal range of all objects in that group.

I use Adobe Draw and Adobe Illustrator, so what I do is pick that layer in illustrator then I "Enter Isolation Mode". Then I select all objects with lasos, rectangles etc. It will only select objects inside the isolation layers. (There may be a better way - I am not an expert here.) I usually find some little thing I put in the wrong layer. Once I move it to the right layer, it generally gets the bounding box correct afterwards.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alan, that makes sense, but as best I can tell, it doesn't apply to my puppet. I made it in PhotoShop so there's that, but also, as best I can tell, there is no difference in how the left and right legs are layered in. And when I look the left leg over in PS, there's no evidence of some stray bit farther off in the frame that is constituting part of the layer.

It's not creating a lot of trouble so far, fortunately; I'm just trying to understand what I'm doing in Ch.

Thanks again,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> when I look the left leg over in PS, there's no evidence of some stray bit farther off in the frame that is constituting part of the layer

With the layer selected in PS, if you hit cmd-T (ctrl-T on windows) to show the bounding box of the layer, does it indicate that there are more pixels that you can see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do sometimes think I'm teaching myself (with the help of so many here) Character Animator so I can learn more about PhotoShop and Premiere and Media Encoder and community.

Yes, thanks, that was a great solution. Even in PS, I didn't actually see any more pixels, but Free Transform did, of course, indicate a larger area for the layer than what was visible or desired. So I then simply used the Rectangular Marquee Tool to select and delete all the "blank" areas. Then hitting ⌘T revealed a box of appropriate proportions. Opening in Ch, the bounding box (or whatever it's called) was to an appropriate size.

Thank you much for showing me what I should have been able to find myself,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines