• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your Tool Options Bar Will Be Clipped

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the latest update to Photoshop CC I have encountered this error every time I open the program.

"Your tool options bar will be clipped because your monitor scale factor is too large.  Reduce your monitor settings to a lower scale, or drag Photoshop to a larger monitor."

I own a Dell Inspiron 7573

No Windows updates I need as I last checked a few minutes ago

I have update my graphics card, as well as other drivers.

My scale is set to 100%

Screen resolution is 1152 x 864

Just in case the suggestions or questions for these come up, they are all things I have checked on. Any help/solution would be great, thank you. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! <3.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Is it your windows display scaling setting you are referring too? CC UI Scaling setting 100% does nothing in CC 2018.1 the preference setting should have been removed from Photoshop IMO.  Windows Display settings.  From what I see on Dell site your display should be 1920x1080 a 1K display did you change your Windows setting off recommended 1920x1080 to 1152x864

You may want to set the scaling to 125%  make the UI like a 1536x864 display

Scaling   set to 125% and resolution set to 1152x864 would be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to change UI Scaling "Auto" value to 100 or 200. from preferences.

This discussion can be also helpful Photoshop CC scaling broken on high DPI windows laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it your windows display scaling setting you are referring too? CC UI Scaling setting 100% does nothing in CC 2018.1 the preference setting should have been removed from Photoshop IMO.  Windows Display settings.  From what I see on Dell site your display should be 1920x1080 a 1K display did you change your Windows setting off recommended 1920x1080 to 1152x864

You may want to set the scaling to 125%  make the UI like a 1536x864 display

Scaling   set to 125% and resolution set to 1152x864 would be like a UI display 922x691 Photoshop UI would not fit in that display size

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that you have nailed it JJ. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never changed my resolution and I'm experiencing this issue since the last update as well. Surface Pro 3. 2160 x 1440.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2018 UI scalling version 19.1 now work aromatically and correctly. It is that your windows Display scaling setting is set to 200% 0r more.  I use 150%.   Photoshop UI will not fit on your display if windows setting is to  200% or more. Your 2160x1440 display is like a 1080x720 UI display scalled 200%.  At 150% it like  a 1440x960 Display. The UI resolution is more like on a 144DPI display on your Surface pro 3 216dpi display  I find that good  You may prefer  175% which should also work.   At 100% the UI is a bit small but you may be use to that for it most likely was what you were using before the update in Photoshop preferences which not used in 19.1

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My windows scaling is at the default 150% and the default recommended resolutoon of 2160x1440. Photoshop UI scaling is set to Auto. When I tried 100% in Photoshop it was way too small. 200% gives me the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way just to turn off/disable the error message so that it does not show up again? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know of any

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack. Maybe someone will know of a hack in PS, to turn it off permanently. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help JJ! It seems to be the solution, though I hope Adobe can fix that soon because this is usually my standard size and it worked in Adobe in the past. I have bad eyes, so the setting is best for me. Hopefully Adobe can get it back to where it was. But it seems to be the answer for now, so thank you so much. It was very helpful! Hope you have a wonderful day! .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It not a Problem you just made bad settings.    Adobe UI scaling now woks well now with Windows 10.   I do not know if the UI Scale preference setting serve any function on Windows 7, Windows 8,1 and Mac systems.  If it does not IMO is should be removed from Photoshop preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I seem to be having this same issue with Photoshop ELEMENTS. The window is too large for my Desktop and can't get the cursor low enough to make it smaller to access the Tool Options. I'm at the highest monitor resolution setting so I make it any higher. Not sure how, why or when this happened but really need to access those tools.

Any way to fix this?

Screen-Shot-ELEMENTS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines