• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone tell what is happening here with Photoshop and my Wacom tablet?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has got to be the most annoying thing. When I'm drawing with any of the tools that use a brush (Clone stamp, healing brush etc.) There's a lag and then this string extends from where my brush is to where the line is being drawn.

I have a one year old IMAC with 32gb of ram.

Please don't tell me to reset the perimeter ram all you professional customer service trolls looking to get MVP status on this site.

I've updated everything including all of my adobe apps and the MacOS.

I've set the graphics processor to basic.

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 8.08.22 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running some autofilling or autoconnecting settings ON?

If so turn them off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't tell me to reset the perimeter ram all you professional customer service trolls looking to get MVP status on this site.

I usually find that insulting people is not the best way to ask them for help.    However..

When using the brush tool the line is the leash used for the brush smoothing options introduced in CC2018

You can turn smoothing from 0% to 100% in the options bar and also choose how the catch up at then of drawing a line works in the drop down menu

You can also turn of the visibility of the leash in Preferences although you will still see the line lag with smoothing above 0%

All that said I have never seen the smoothing options when using the clone stamp or healing brush so if you are seeing that leash on those tools, as opposed to the normal brush then I would start by resetting those tools

If that does not work then you may well have to do a preference reset. Preferences are written every time Photoshop closes and can become corrupt. Updating and re-installing does not necessarily correct those corrupt preferences (running the CC cleaner tool does). I tend to do a preference reset whenever I install a new update and occasionally as a step in the debugging process if I suspect there is a bug.

If none of the above work please post your system info from Photoshop > System Info > Copy

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines