• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lasso tool closes automatically before finishing the selection

Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem in using lasso tool , when i select part it closes automatically before i finish selection

Any help !!!!

Thanks

Window 10  64 bit

Mouse

Photoshop 19.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Thanks for your effort

I'm happy to tell you that the problem finally solved

The problem from my graphic card ... uninstalled it and reinstalled its driver again solved the problem

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a different mouse perhaps the left finger button is failing an Photoshop thinks its been released?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i tried another mouse and the problem still here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the normal lasso tool? See below I can even capture the lasso tool being used and not closed..  Windows 10 pro CC 2018....

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Lasso tool, the minute you release the mouse button, the selection area will connect back to the starting point. You need to keep the mouse button held down until you get back to the starting point. The Lasso tool isn't the best tool to use for selecting objects especially as they get more complex. I'd give the Quick Selection tool a try. It's a bit easier and more forgiving to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you can always add or subtract from/to the selected area using the lasso tool with the modifier keys Shift add and Alt subtract.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply

yes i know the usage of lasso tool

the problem that when i try to select with it .. i started with first point after that it makes selection looks like line to the left upper direction after that i can select normally .... i don't know the reason for that upper left selection .... the problem is the that part i make rectangle on it Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply

I know the usage of the lasso tool  ... the problem occurs after updating the last Photoshop update .. when i put cursor and try to make selection ... firstly it makes selection looks like line to the left upper direction after that i can select normally ... i don't know the reason for taking that direction accurately firstly !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help

I updated photoshop in work and worked prefectly without any problems

nut here in my pc  the problem still here

!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have reset all tools and your Photoshop preferences at home Try uninstalling CC 2018 indcluding Preferences and then try installing CC 2018.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled cc 2018 3 times and reinstalling it again

I guess that the problem because of a process called cephtml engine.exe but i tried to stop it fron task manager but i failed

do you know a way to stop this process ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about cephtml or know if is is causing you problem at home. Why would a module with HTML in its name be involved with the Lasso tool.   Have you tried uninstalling CC 2018 and download and use Adobe cleaner then install CC  2018. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

It sounds like Photoshop is seeing the mouse button is being released.  That is why I asked if you tried a different mouse. Are you using a wired mouse or wireless? It could be related to your system or mouse driver

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now i uninstalled and reinstalled again for the fourth time but the problem still here plus that the brush tool also its direction

to the upper left side only

I changed mouse yesterday and the problems still

THis is Adobe CEP HtML Engine and Brush tool direction

ffff.JPG

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dis a google search on CEPHTML and found this perhap you will see someting usefull in that thread

What is the "Adobe CEP HTML Engine"? It`s using too much from my processor.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your effort

that thread is very very good and i can stop CEP HTML Engine process but i/m sorry to tell you that the problems still here

Big thanks for your effort

I can't know what can we do else !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your effort

I'm happy to tell you that the problem finally solved

The problem from my graphic card ... uninstalled it and reinstalled its driver again solved the problem

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to gear.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines