• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update from 12 to 2018

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a Elements 12 license for Mac/Win installed on a Win PC.

Now I have a new Mac with Sierra and I understood that Elements 12 does not run on Sierra.

1. Is it possible to purchase an update licence to Elements 2018 to save money?

2. Do I have to install Elements 12 on the new Mac before installing the update to Elements 2018? Or Can I install the update without the older version?

Thanks for your support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

In fact I don't understand how the installation procedure checks that I can install the "price discount" version.

When you install Elements 2018 upgrade version on a computer which has never previously had Elements installed, the installer will first check for the existence of an earlier version of the software already installed on that hard drive. If it finds one, the installation completes successfully.

If it does not find one, it will prompt you to enter the serial number from an earlier qualif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "update" is really just a price discount on the new version, not an upgrade version.  It would be the same full version.

You can have more than one version installed on your computer and they will be independent of each other.  You don't need to, but may if you want to, uninstall the old version.  If you do, be sure to sign out or deactivate it first.

You may find it less expensive than the upgrade price if you purchase from an authorized online retailer or retail store, especially if they are offering a sale price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that the update versione is just a price discount.

But in my new Mac I do not have any version installed: in order to install the update do I have to install before the Elements 12 license?

In fact I don't understand how the installation procedure checks that I can install the "price discount" version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install Elements 2018 upgrade version on a computer which has never previously had Elements installed, the installer will first check for the existence of an earlier version of the software already installed on that hard drive. If it finds one, the installation completes successfully.

If it does not find one, it will prompt you to enter the serial number from an earlier qualifying version. You would then enter your PSE 12 serial number and the 2018 Upgrade version will finish installing.

So, there's no need to install PSE 12 prior to installing PSE 2018. It just wastes time and consumes hard drive space unnecessarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fabrizio1970  wrote

It won't give you the upgrade price until you prove that you have a valid purchased eligible version either registered in your Adobe account or by entering the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines