• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks not working after uploading PDF doc to website

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I have been creating documents in Word that contain hyperlinks to web URLs and converting them to PDFs using Adobe Acrobat. I upload the document to my website for customers to download.

Now, suddenly, this doesn't work. 

I am using Windows 10, Word 2016 and Acrobat Pro DC. I am able to create PDF documents but after uploading them to my website, none of the hyperlinks are clickable.

I have found a thread about this at Adobe Reader DC not opening hyperlinks so it seems I am not the only one with this problem. Has anyone found a fix or a workaround for this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link fully described the problem, cause, a workaround, and the release of Adobe's patch to fix the issue. Still, do you have the same issue? In which software are you viewing the website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, version 2018.009.20050. I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version from Adobe Creative Cloud yesterday, so surely the latest patch would have been included in that, but I am still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users of my website report that they are unable to open links in my PDF documents too, so the issue is not the reader. The links work in the Word document I create and in the PDF document created from that when viewed on my computer. It is only after uploading the PDF to my website that the links no longer work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer: "In which software are you viewing the website" rather than stating this is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, version 2018.009.20050.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you view the web site in Acrobat Pro DC exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click on the document link on my website and it opens in Acrobat Pro DC on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, that's not correct. First the document opens in my web browser (Chrome or Firefox). The links do not work when viewed there. If I then continue and download it to my PC to view in Acrobat Pro DC, the links still do not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, well you are using three different pieces of software, three PDF viewers, made by three different companies. If all three of them won't handle your links there is very probably a problem with the links, since they won't all have broken at the same time. Can you share a link to one of these PDF files publicly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links are working in Chrome and Adobe Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Do you by any chance have a link to an old file which has links that still work, so we might compare?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to a previous version of this file, uploaded in 2016:

https://www.karenkingston.com/web/pdf/Clutter_Clearing_Practitioner_Training_2016.pdf

This document has developed another problem (all the text has turned bold) which I have fixed in the current document, but at least the hyperlinks still work. The links were all created using exactly the same method as I am still using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea what the problem may be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you first posted the 2019 file, I tried the links and they didn't seem to work. I see you're re-make the 2019 document today, and now it works just as well as the 2016. So guess it's all fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm as mystified as you are. I didn't change anything but overnight the links in the document started working. I've been trying to resolve this problem for days so I'm happy it's fixed now but have no idea what to do if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your willingness to help, in any case 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I'm having the same issue with a link in my pdf. Did you ever find out how you solved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines