• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not showing up in window when I open them in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image shows up in the layers panel, but not in the actual window. I have read several other threads on this so I will say that I did clear the preferences and it didn't do anything to help. This has been going on for a week and I can't seem to find a solution and I can't do any photo editing with it like this.

Specifically what I'm trying to do: I am in Indesign editing a linked file on Photoshop, or just opening image (JPEG, TIFF) files from my desktop on Photoshop.

Things I have tried:

• Deleting/resetting photoshop preferences (Ctrl+Alt+Shift)
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling (this actually fixed the problem last night, but the problem was back again this morning, and when I tried uninstalling again this time it did not help anymore)
  • Dowloading older versions of Photoshop (no difference, same issue)
  • Opening different file types (Tiff, JPEG, the problem persists with every file)

Things about my computer:

Dell Inspiron 15 5000

Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop download

Windows 10

What the issue looks like:

2018-01-27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Hi Phoenixt,

Is your GPU driver up to date? What happens if you turn off "Use Graphics Processor" under Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw? If that doesn't help, what about turning it off under Edit > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phoenixt,

Is your GPU driver up to date? What happens if you turn off "Use Graphics Processor" under Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw? If that doesn't help, what about turning it off under Edit > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned it off under Edit > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings and it solved this issue. What does that mean? Is this a permanent solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a true solution... more of a workaround, though I know people who regularly work with their Photoshop settings configured this way.

What it ultimately indicates is that there is a problem with either the graphics processor or potentially with the operating system. Most likely something is not fully up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't have too much performance to spare, so you could do with getting the GPU working for you if possible.  The link below says that the lates driver version is as below, so check to see if you have that, and update from the link below if you don't

Downloads for Intel® UHD Graphics 620

If you are not sure, go ​Help > System Info > Copy ​and paste to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines