• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do custom cursors work on Youtube videos?

Participant ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, first off thanks so much for all the help! My website is finally up and running! http://welcometoplainview.com/index.html

Welcome to Plainview

Everything works great, still having some issues getting the tablet version to work correctly (I'll save that for another post if I cant figure it out), but other than that all is well!

One thing I'm having trouble with though is on the desktop version of my website, I have this custom retro cursor that I use. I had add a bit of code to the head to get it to respond with certain elements on my site, but for some reason I cant get it to react with the embedded youtube video that I have on this page of my site: 000: Prologue  It just revertos to the basic curser that is seen on normal websites.

Is it simply not possible for the custom cursor to react when hovered over the video since its from an outside website?

Thanks again everyone!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Is it simply not possible for the custom cursor to react when hovered over the video since its from an outside website?

Correct. It's just a "box" whose internals are entirely controlled by the YouTube player.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct. It's just a "box" whose internals are entirely controlled by the YouTube player.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines