• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radial Blur Problem

Participant ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an odd issue with radial blur.  I'm post-processing my solar eclipse shots and attempting to apply a radial blur filter.  The image is perfecting centered on the canvas.  50% ruler is dead center of x,y.  However, the blur is doing something odd as you can see in the image below.  An axis seems to be blured (show with red arrows) while the other isn't (shown with green arrows).  I would expect a blur all the way around.  The Radial Blur settings are set to Amount:20 Spin and Best.

What could be causing this?  (This first image is with no blur applied)

Thanks

No_Blur.JPG

Blur.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Great shot! What effect are you trying to achieve? I'm wondering if a Gaussian Blur or Spin Blur (Blur Gallery) would help. Sorry I don't have a direct answer but maybe we can find a good fix for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I have a long way to go on the shot.  This is a stack of 20 images with a mean average applied and a little Camera Raw filtering.  The Radial Blur is the first step to applying a subtraction calculation in the next step.  To be able to get a good subtraction calc, the radial blur has to be properly achieved. I tried Gaussian Blur, but it doesn't achieve the same affect for the subtraction calculation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resolved...  I don't know how, but it wasn't perfectly centered on the canvas as I had thought. Grrr.

Thanks Anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines