• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted subfolder appears on import

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I import photos, they are automatically placed in a subfolder within the destination folder that I choose.  The subfolder is one that I created 18 months ago for a particular project.  I have no desire to keep using it.  In the current version of LR CC Classic, there is no checkbox to check in the Import dialog indicating whether you want to put the photos in a subfolder or not (see attached screenshot).

I have seen this question addressed here:

A problem with a recurring, unwanted subfolder when importing

but again, in m version of LR there is no checkbox to check and I have read elsewhere that the checkbox functionality was discontinued in some version of LR CC.

This is very frustrating!  Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 11.19.35 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Assuming that's a "Copy" or "Copy as DNG" import in your screenshot, it means that the Destination panel (and the File Renaming panel) are hidden. Right-click on the File Handling header and put a checkbox alongside Destination and File Renaming in the resulting pop-up.

That'll let you see what's being used in the Destination panel, it's likely that "Into Subfolder" is selected, so you need to deselect it if that's not what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that's a "Copy" or "Copy as DNG" import in your screenshot, it means that the Destination panel (and the File Renaming panel) are hidden. Right-click on the File Handling header and put a checkbox alongside Destination and File Renaming in the resulting pop-up.

That'll let you see what's being used in the Destination panel, it's likely that "Into Subfolder" is selected, so you need to deselect it if that's not what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, you're a god.  Who knew one had to right click?  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah Jim, after 2 years I also must say you're a god! 🙂
I couldn't make this ... stop for almost two years and now the time has come after searching in 3 forums.
Right click on the header of an another menu... Jeez. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in m version of LR there is no checkbox to check and I have read elsewhere that the checkbox functionality was discontinued in some version of LR CC.

Apparently, what you read was mistaken:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines