• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't want to sync all my Lightroom CC photos

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My phone has a limited amount of storage and I can't hold all of my Lightroom photos on it. I just recently downloaded Lightroom CC. On my old Lightroom, I could keep certain files just in Lightroom on my computer and select certain files to be synced on my iPhone. This new Lightroom CC is syncing ALL of my photos and I don't know how to select which ones I do or don't want to sync. The only way I can get them to not sync is by just straight deleting the photos completely. I can't do that anymore. Suggestions? I just need to know if it's possible to be selective in what photos I can sync on my iPhone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

There's no selective sync at this time, but LR iOS is really smart about what it downloads to the phone. I've got 600GB+ in the cloud, and yet it's only taking up 1GB on space on my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no selective sync at this time, but LR iOS is really smart about what it downloads to the phone. I've got 600GB+ in the cloud, and yet it's only taking up 1GB on space on my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same question and I believe I have an answer for you.  In the desktop application, after importing, the photos seem to automatically go into "All Synced Photographs", which appears in the Catalog view in the top left (above Collections & Folders).  To stop them from syncing:

In the Library view, click on "All Synced Photographs".  Use the filter bar to filter the dates that you just imported (or however else you wish to filter).  Select the photos you do not wish to sync, right-click on one of them and select "Remove from All Synced Photographs".

This did the trick for me.

I hope that in the future, Adobe will provide an option within the Import dialog to allow users to select whether their photos automatically sync or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That removes them from the cloud Richie... and from Lightroom CC. That's ok if you're using Lightroom Classic as your main base, but not a good plan if you're only using Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does (or stops them from going there in the first place).

I guess it depends if the OP is using LR Classic CC or LR CC on their computer.  It is not clear in the post.  Also, OP are you trying to limit what gets synced from your computer to the cloud in the first place (hence to your iPhone) or just what is synced from cloud to your iPhone?

Btw thanks for all your LR resources Victoria - I've read quite a few of your articles and have had your LR Keyboard Shortcuts pdf on my bookmarks bar for over a year now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Richie. The new LR Classic book is out now, and the LRCC one is a few weeks away from release too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Individual syncing seems such like a damn basic option. It's incredible it's not available. I simply can't use CC on my internet connection, and I don't live in the remote wilderness but in the countryside in Europe. I can feel Adobe is not going to make this easier, it's just not the way it is taking. That's a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!! I have wasted a whole day trying to figure this out on my own.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines