• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar issue with multiple monitors

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, Last Friday there was a new update to Photoshop CC, and now when ever I open a PSD full screen mode with menu bar is not working properly. Let me explain. I have 3 monitors, and I do all of my work on my mac cinema display. I feel like what's happening is photoshop is not seeing it's resolution and it's shrinking the viewable workspace. If I drag it into my laptop's display it works fine, and if I drag it into my dell monitor it works fine. For some reason though when I'm in my cinema display where I do all my work it fails. I've found 1 way to get it to work while I'm in the screen and that's to toggle my cinema display's resolution. Although once I close the PSD, or leave full screen mode with menu the issue returns until I toggle the resolution again. It's definitely annoying. Is this a bug with the new CC update? This never happened until I updated. I have Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.0 Release.

Attached is a screen shot of what's happening.

full screen mode issue.png

Thank you for your help!

-Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

You may want to add your »Mea too« here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-19-1-in-fullscreen-mode-canvas-moves-to-upper-left-corner-and-3-4-of-the-canvas-is-unusable?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_comment&utm_content=reply_button&reply%5Bid%5D=19277210#reply_19277210

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

You may want to add your »Mea too« here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-19-1-in-fullscreen-mode-canvas-move...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you so much. Is it good to not use the Graphic Processor? I've never had to uncheck that before. Thanks! I'm going to check that link now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is it good to not use the Graphic Processor?

Not really, certain features (Rotate View Tool for example) depend on it, others benefit from it (some Filters can run faster).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And please try whether the work-around of hitting tab twice works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines