Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No options after right CLick

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so I want to edit a picture, but the thing is:

I open up the picture document. It´s there. I convert it into a layer.
But when I click with the right mouse button on the picture there won´t be any options to edit the picture (see screenshot)
Why?

Screenshot (101).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Furn example turning 180°.

You do not seem to have initiated a transformation yet, you just have the Move Tool set to »Show Transform Controls«.

Invoke the Transformation (cmd-T) … edit: ctrl-T on Windows, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of edits do you expect to be listed in that dialog? (edited)

What kind of editing do you want to perform on the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know where to find this options but normally I should be able to find them by right clicking on the picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also see now that I dont have the options on the right. There where symbols for editiing options like contrast, black an white etc.
there is also no cropping tool on the right

As it seems it changed my workplace...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not seem to have initiated a transformation yet, you just have the Move Tool set to »Show Transform Controls«.

Invoke the Transformation (cmd-T) … edit: ctrl-T on Windows, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it worked. I still dont know where my tools dissapeared.
I will never understand why they made this software so unintuitive.

Edit: I found the solution to this. I was working in 3D and PS changed automatically my whole workplace.

Thnaks for your fast help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why would any one need to do this for basic features? If I right click an image clearly I have SOMETHING (vs. nothing which is the option) I want do with that image. This is a sorry product design and product management fail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why would any one need to do this for basic features? If I right click an image clearly I have SOMETHING (vs. nothing which is the option) I want do with that image. This is a sorry product design and product management fail. 

By @Michael36278409300h

Right-clicking a Layer on the Canvas currently raises the contextual Layers dialog. 

If you think triggering a Transformation with a Keyborad Shortcut is too inconvenient feel free to post a Feature Request (mark it »Idea«, not »Discussion«). (edited)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just going to add that most people that are giving advice here haven't gone through the new user experience. I am posting again because wow, its really bad. If anyone cared they would have a focus group of users - like myself - that have moved on but decided to come back around to see if its improved. No WAY! Wow its bad!!!! Took me less than a min in sketch to do something that I used to know how to do but apparently I need to study tutorials to be able to do simple stuff. no way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just going to add that most people that are giving advice here haven't gone through the new user experience. 

Everybody who uses Photoshop must have been a new user at some point, haven’t they? 

Took me less than a min in sketch to do something that I used to know how to do but apparently I need to study tutorials to be able to do simple stuff.

If you have an actual problem please explain what it is and hold back on posting meaningless descriptions (»to do something«). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler is exactly right. Because you activated Show Transform Controls, it looks like you are in a transform box but you aren't. You can see the transform handles, but you have not yet initiated Edit > Free Transform.

Screenshot 2018-01-29 10.19.46.png

See the difference after Edit > Free Transform?Screenshot 2018-01-29 10.19.59.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines