• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the Cursor in the New 2018 CC Update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'min the middle of finals for school, I can't seem to use photoshop for my classes because the cursor seems to be stuck on the hand. NOT THE HAND TOOL, just a hand cursor that you would usually see when you go online and certain sites have a hand cursor for you to select things. It's weird because the program seems to do this to all new projects I make, projects I make through photoshop and from going back and forth with Sketchbook Pro, and Illustrator, it seems to have it stuck on this cursor, I can't select brushes, type, and every other tool there is. It won't let me use them on the canvas.

Another odd thing that happened was that I reinstalled the last program, the 2017 CC version, and its doing the same thing! What is going on! I need this fixed or I'm going to fail my classes because it won't let me do my projects.

Larissa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest Driver Update for you Graphic Card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larissa

I echo the advice from Mohammad.Harb.

You may also want to try to reset your preferences. It doesn't delete your work, it just resets the program. Shutting down Photoshop or even shutting down your computer does not reset Photoshop. I reset my prefs any time Photoshop misbehaves and it usually resolves the issues.

*If you have changed your Workspace: Keyboard, Toolbars, Menu Options, then save your workspace before quitting Photoshop. To save and manage Workspaces: Adobe Photoshop workspace basics

To reset your Preferences File : Preferences in Photoshop

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not resolve the issue at all. It still is stuck as the hand cursor, preventing me from using any of my tools. Is there any other options? I need photoshop to do my final projects for schoo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has just happened to me. Did you resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines