Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 Configuration/Graphics Card Question

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just started taking a digital photography course at the local community college and I picked up copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and put on my desktop computer (Windows 10, i7 Gen 8, 16GB RAM, no video card).

When I fired up Photoshop, I noticed so my surprise that images were a little grainy and uneven. I have CS5 on another Windows 7 laptop so I know what Photoshop CS5 looks like. With my new desktop there is definitely an issue.

Also as further diagnosis when fire up the new Photoshop (Adobe Photoshop CC 2018), I get some message that says the 3D features need 512MB of vRAM and that updating the graphics card may resolve issue (sic).

Anyway, my question now is do I need a video card as well for Adobe Photoshop CC 2018? If so what  kind? If that is not the problem, any ideas on what is.

BTW - I'm a former computer programmer and this problem looks like a configuration issue all the way. The i7 Gen 8 was supposed to have beefed up graphics support, so I am surprised that this thing is not working right out of the box. Any ideas, I would like to hear.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 3D feature requires a Display adapter with a GPU and at least 512MB of VRAM.    Photoshop does not need the best Display adapter to work well, but if you do video and play games you may want to get a high performance Display Adapter.

As for Picture quality a lot depends on the quality of the Pixels you have for you images and to judge quality you should zoom to 100% actual pixels. If you doe not zoom to 100% your not looking at your actual image.

You may want toe read this its old but  things have not change  a great deal

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/files/2012/07/CS6_hardware_recommendations.pdf

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As JJ has told you, you need to look up the minimum hardware spec for using Photoshop.  However the poor image quality as displayed on your device might be to do with cache levels in Preferences > Performance.  It needs to be set to a value other than 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines