Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop lagging/crashing/glitching in Windows 10 with wacom intuos4

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've been having some frustrating issues with Photoshop CC lately.

When using Photoshop with my Wacom Intuos 4 tablet attached, I've been noticing a lot of glitches - I've set the wacom buttons to 'ctrl' and 'z', when I use these to undo an action they only work about 50% of the time. When I use keyboard shortcuts to 'step back', it freezes about 80% of the time. Increasingly often, I've noticed that drawing with my wacom pen will cause photoshop to freeze - sometimes moving the mouse rather than the pen will 'unfreeze' the screen. If I don't have the mouse attached, the system will not unfreeze and I'll need to shut Photoshop down. Often the pen does not recognize when it has been turned around (which should switch to eraser mode).

Until recently I was using Elements and had no problems at all, so I think it's definitely an issue with Photoshop CC. Overall I'm really disappointed that I've invested so much money to use a software that seems to be worse than the free copy of elements I was previously using. It's almost becoming unusable at this point. I also have Indesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat installed, and they seem to work fine.

I'm using:

Dell 15 laptop with Windows 10 (updated to the latest version)

Wacom Intuos 4

2nd monitor (can't remember what kind, but I can find out when I get home if necessary, the problems still occur when I disconnect the screen and work on the laptop)

Photoshop CC (updated to the latest version)

I have tried:

Updating all relevant software

Resetting presets on start up

Clearing the cache

Working on a smaller image (currently working on A5 size scan at 150ppi)

Issue has been getting increasingly worse (more frequent glitches) for the last month or so. I've had PS CC since around September/October.

If anyone could offer any solutions, I'b be hugely grateful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

completely unusable at the moment. don't know what happend but with the latest updates it got worse 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines