• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEGs and PNGs Artifacts

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered a problem with some JPEGs and  PNGs. I am sometimes getting random artifacts after opening them in PS. I always need to restart PS and then everything is ok again.

Any help with this?

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 12.56.07 PM copy.png

Everything is updated.

I Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 1.15.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-30 at 1.16.57 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but It happens randomly. e.g. one png / per 30 min.  It is always enough to restart Photoshop.It is just annoying when I am working on multiple files at the same time....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But with »Use Graphics Processor« turned off does it still happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happened (once today).

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 2.20.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe look if a Bug Report exists and add your »Mea too«:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had something a bit similar, but different apps, when my graphics card was starting to fail. Things that point at this include: happening randomly; being dependent on board temperature (how long it's been switched on, not how long since you rebooted); getting worse over time; spreading to other apps or functions. The graphics card is used EVEN IF GPU is switched off, but it's used by Mac OS, not the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines