• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI Crashes - MSVCR100.dll

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently moved my Acrobat XI to a new computer and now it crashes a few seconds after opening any document with the faulting app listed as MSVCR100.dll.  I have repaired, reinstalled Acrobat and installed a new C++ from Microsoft.  No fix.  Could someone please help?  Here are the details:

Dell Precision 7510 w/ Win 7 Pro 64-bit

From Acrobat:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Acrobat.exe

Application Version:    11.0.23.22

Application Timestamp:    59f9d04e

Fault Module Name:    MSVCR100.dll

Fault Module Version:    10.0.40219.332

Fault Module Timestamp:    4e1a9f56

Exception Code:    40000015

Exception Offset:    0008d6fd

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    07df

Additional Information 2:    07dff3b8aec52997944f16ca6509db75

Additional Information 3:    82a8

Additional Information 4:    82a8414bdfe80fff8fd4709fc1eb03bf

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Yes, I did that but it didn't solve the problem.  Fortunately, though, the problem that had persisted since installation has since been resolved.

Since Acrobat was not functional and I had no way to view a pdf, I resorted to Reader to view a file.  After viewing my document with Reader, I opened it a second time with my default pdf program, which is Acrobat.  Acrobat opened right up without a problem and it hasn't crashed since. 

I'm not sure what effect opening Reader for the first time would h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rhoaderm,

Could you please confirm if you have tried installing MS Visual C++ 2010 on machine? If not, try downloading it using following link: Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Downloa...

You may refer to the following thread which discuss the same issue: Hi I have a problem after install my CS6.  It keeps saying MSVCR100.dll was not found

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did that but it didn't solve the problem.  Fortunately, though, the problem that had persisted since installation has since been resolved.

Since Acrobat was not functional and I had no way to view a pdf, I resorted to Reader to view a file.  After viewing my document with Reader, I opened it a second time with my default pdf program, which is Acrobat.  Acrobat opened right up without a problem and it hasn't crashed since. 

I'm not sure what effect opening Reader for the first time would have, but whatever it was, it fixed the problem with Acrobat.  Very strange for sure, but solved nonetheless.

Thank you for responding to my issue.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines