• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retouch several images exactly the same way

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 5 images created from the same photo, but with different "looks" applied.  I do not have access to the original image nor to the looks.  I need to retouch them all in the exact same way, so when quickly flipping between them after retouching the only thing which changes is the baked in looks.

I tried doing this via actions, but clone and heal tools do not record, apparently.  The retouching tools in ACR are not refined enough to use and apply across all images.

Is there a way to stack them as layers and retouch using clone and heal and other tools and have the tools work each layer (selecting from each layer and applying back to the respective layer, not from one and applying to all)?

Or is there another method that could be used to record and apply all steps taken?

Many Thanks,

Caleb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018
I tried doing this via actions, but clone and heal tools do not record, apparently.

They should if »Allow Tool Recording« is enabled.

Record tools in actions in Photoshop

I am afraid your approach seems »all backwards« – even if the problem is someone else’s fault. 

You should at least try requesting the layered images or at the very least the original image.

What are the »looks« exactly? Please post the images In question.

Maybe it’s easier to recreate those changes than to do the touch-up on f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing this via actions, but clone and heal tools do not record, apparently.

They should if »Allow Tool Recording« is enabled.

Record tools in actions in Photoshop

I am afraid your approach seems »all backwards« – even if the problem is someone else’s fault. 

You should at least try requesting the layered images or at the very least the original image.

What are the »looks« exactly? Please post the images In question.

Maybe it’s easier to recreate those changes than to do the touch-up on five images.

What kind of editing/touch-up do you intend to do that exceeds ACR’s possibilities?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is trick for us to advise you without seeing you screen and workflow.

If the images are as you say from the same photo you could do your Healing first then duplicate it 5 time by pressing Ctrl/Cmd + J (5 times).

Now you have the retouched images on 5 separate layers from which you could alter the finishes of each as you wish using Adjustment for examples. Be sure to keep you workflow organised by placing each image and its respective adjustment Layer(s) in separate group folders for each.

I hope this helps,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unclear why you don't want to use ACR.  If it is multiple images which share issues, then you can open them in ACR at the same time, and sync whichever edits you need to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I am able to accomplish it through "allow tool recording", however, the process isn't accurate if I attempt to use too many different tools.  I don't know if that is an issue with the various tool settings or with something else.  My workaround is to create separate actions for each tool, and be sequential and systematic in my approach.

I cannot show examples as this is a sensitive project with NDA's.

ACR is not refined enough, meaning the heal and clone tools cannot be manipulated as easily or in as many ways as in photoshop, such as with opacity, pressure sensitivity, and the like.

Thank you all for the suggestions and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
So, I am able to accomplish it through "allow tool recording", however, the process isn't accurate if I attempt to use too many different tools.  I don't know if that is an issue with the various tool settings or with something else.

I think changing the Brush settings like size and hardness »on the fly« does not record, one would have to select a brush from the Brushes Panel each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines