• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Plug-Ins not working in Photoshop CC 2018

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to Photoshop CC 2018 from 2017 and now silver efex pro 2 will not open.

I've downloaded the plug-ins again and they appear in the filter section but do not launch when clicked.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem? They worked ok in CC2017, can I go back to that after moving to CC 2018?

Thanks.

Just been advised via Adobe chat that these plug-ins will not work with cc 2018. I've now reloaded cc 2017 and on their advice, cc 2015.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please check this answer from 2018 Nik Collection Not Compatible

I had the same issue.  Copying NIK from PS CC 2017 to PS CC 2018 Plugin folders didn't work for me. Saving work from Color Efx back to PS crashed PS CC 2018.  I found the problem for me was launching Color Efx from the filter menu in PS. Launching Color Efx from the Nik selective tool worked and did not crash PS. I didn't need to uninstall / reinstall or delete plist. Worked on on IMac 27 5k and MacBook Pro Retina both on High Sierra

Steps as follows:

• Copy Google plugins folder from PS 2017 to PS 2018
  • If NIK selective tool is not present  File>Automate>Nik Selective Tool.  Selective tool should appear
  • Launch from Selective Tool

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Paul, you saved my life !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul.

Thanks for your reply to my query, your solution has worked on my 2009 iMac27 with High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the best solution i found : An Easy Fix for Nik Collection’s Recent Crash Issues | Fstoppers

it's great , it works on the original layer and is so much faster . You don't need to flatten anymore - easy way  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines