• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong colors in Photoshop

Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop displays slightly wrong colors to me. For example I see this color in internal Photoshop picker in the project: 254;0;0. After PrtSc and paste it becomes 252;26;25 on the screenshot. 0;254;0 turns to 0;255;2. (0;0;254) to (48;10;254). (1;0;0), (0;1;0), (0;0;1) to (1;1;1). I have no issues in exported files, this problem is only on the display inside the Photoshop. Does anybody know what is wrong? Third-party color pickers like jcpicker shows the same issue in the Photoshop window.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you picking the pixel and how is the color picket set.  Prtscn is also a system function not Photoshop function are you editing in the same color space as your system's desktop?    Does Photoshop Copy Paste do the same  or duplicate layer.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For screenshots, first assign your monitor profile, then convert that to the original document profile. Then they will match (as long as the original color isn't out of monitor gamut).

A screenshot has already been remapped from the document profile into your monitor profile. That's what a color managed display path does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seams like everything is configured correctly. Adobe picker shows right (255;0;0) color, but on the screenshot (using Adobe picker) and in Just color picker I see wrong (252;26;25). Picker settings - point. Nvidia control panel - application manage.

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is certainly not configured correctly. Don't set working RGB to your monitor profile, and don't set color management policies to "off"!

Always use a standard document color space, and always! have your color management policies set to "Preserve Embedded Profiles". These are the safe settings.

Document profile and monitor profile are two different things, serving two different purposes. If they are the same, two things happen: one - your display color management is broken, two - you lose all reference for what the file is supposed to look like.

The monitor profile is set up at system level, and Photoshop will get it from the OS and use it to correct your file for the irregularities of your display. This happens automatically without any user intervention.

To get a screenshot to match the original document, assign your monitor profile, then convert to the original document profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed default monitor profile from Samsung to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 in Windows. It seams like its working. I can't preserve embedded profiles because my destination is web and every time I have to convert embedded profiles to sRGB. I changed the Photoshop settings, Am I doing right?1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those setting look better.  I do lot of screen captures for this forum to show things It does not bother me much the the colors do not match the image I editing.   I do not use screen captures in Images I'm processing for use. Seldom do I even use copy and paste.  However Copy and past seem to match because it Photoshop doing the copy to and from the clipboard and can match profiles if you pasting into a document you are editing in a different color space.   I normally place in other images or drag or duplicate layers between documents.  Photoshop can match color spaces. With the miss matches check the want you have then you shoe be prompted whet there are miss matches.  I do not use ask when pasting so I do not know it Pasting from the Clipboard will prompted with color mismatch.   I paste screen capture for demo into sRGB Document I open or use Photoshop default new document clipboard when there is something in the clipboard. Sometime I may use assign profile to change the color some.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Now I see correct colors. But an strange artifact appeared: vertical line at the edge of the screen. Moving picture to the left or right doesn't help. What is it?

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see that when viewed at 100% or when zoomed in and out? Is it in the image or not when you print?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is 200% screenshot. I see this in every zoom setting zoomed in and zoomed out. Exported files also have this artifact in different viewers and editors.

I think it is the result of point lighting effect with height 1 in red. When I turn it off there is no artifacts. Is there anything I can do with it?

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines