Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Tools Popout Frustration

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac OS Sierra.

Anytime I click on any tool on the toolbar, it brings out the popout menu for that tool and then I have to either select that tool again from the popout menu, or click off the popout menu to use the tool. The extra step is really frustrating me. I've tried resetting my mouse clicking speed in the Mac system preferences but it makes no difference. What gives, Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

I'm not having that issue on CC 2017 with Sierra on my MacBook Pros. Mouse settings seems logical but no help. And are you using a tablet?

If not, you might be sure you have saved your favorite presets and brushes and then reset preferences:

PS delete prefs.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having that issue on CC 2017 with Sierra on my MacBook Pros. Mouse settings seems logical but no help. And are you using a tablet?

If not, you might be sure you have saved your favorite presets and brushes and then reset preferences:

PS delete prefs.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call! That worked for me. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked. It's a good trick to have in your back pocket when Photoshop starts acting erratically, but that was a new presentation for me.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's back again. It did work initially, but now it's back and I tried clearing the Prefs again. Didn't do anything this time..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry to hear that. You can report it as a problem here so that the Adobe engineers see it:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I was using it on a Mac Pro Trash Can, with keyboard and mouse.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines