• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subfolders in Lightroom causing errors in back-up: Do these need to be deleted?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I backed up my Lightroom catalog and photos from one external hard drive to another using the program GoodSync. All went well in the 2+ TB back up except for 2 errors in what I assume is a hidden folder (.Spotlight-V100):

I sent a message to GoodSync asking about this, and their recommendation was to manually delete the 2 folders with the errors. However, I have no idea what the purpose is for either of these folders, and if they can or should be deleted. This was the first back up, so the folders were not on the destination drive to begin with. Can anyone advise what these folders are for and why the back up should be trying to delete them? Do these errors in any way jeopardize the back up, if I should ever have to use it? If not, should I just be prepared to see them every time I sync (L to R/one way) these hard drives, and just ignore them? Are these files just placeholders for future use (in which case I should leave them where they are)?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears my screenshot did not come across. The folder structure is:

.Spotlight-V100

Store-V2

7B87766F-6350-4DFC-SD9E- (the rest was cut off)

journals.live_user

The errors were in the last 2 folders, and the status showed "Cannot delete folder: cannot delete folder/Volume...".

The "L Size" column indicated (not pre...). Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to expand the columns to see the entire messages. GoodSync did have me send additional files, but they weren't visible to me.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines