• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you manipulate a pasted-in layer?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I do, it will not let me move a new layer from the dead center spot where it pasted

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Can I just check that you are using the move tool ?

I ask , as you are showing the hand tool, and the top of your toolbar shows the artboard tool (which shares the same space on the toolbar - click and hold to see both)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us more ?! or give a print screen of your Layer panel ? to know what wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I was trying to do was to flip the back window over and paste it into the windshield space, then lower the roof line to match.

I can edit the paint and such things, but it won't allow me to move anything round in the picture.

I tried creating a new image of the back window and flipping it over that way, but then it won't let me copy it again to paste it back into the background image

screen capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I just check that you are using the move tool ?

I ask , as you are showing the hand tool, and the top of your toolbar shows the artboard tool (which shares the same space on the toolbar - click and hold to see both)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the problem, as I discovered about half an hour after the last post.

I'm so used to using the hand tool to move things around in PSP, it had never occurred to me that Photoshop might use a different tool

It only took me two years, and I don't even know how many hours of watching videos, to figure out what I was doing wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted.

The hand tool is used for moving the view around when you are zoomed in.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Omar.Fathy said a screenshot with the pertinent Panels visible would be helpful.

The Layer could be locked, the Layer could be in a locked Group, a Selection could be active, … (edited)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines