• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I panic?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a brand new laptop, so it's rather freaking me out to see an hardware issue like this. Should I panic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but you should look to see if the is a newer device driver for the display adapter in your laptop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but you should follow the instructions. Brand new hardware doesn’t mean the drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And go directly to the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the above advice does not fix it, then by all means panic, or rush out and buy a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy t-shirt.

Or getting serious, a lot of serious laptops have dual graphics facilities.  A proper card like a GTX 080M as well as something like an Intel HD5000 device on the motherboard which is used when under low demand to save power.  You might have to force the high powered card for Photoshop, or even disable the built in graphics completely (at the expense of battery life)

I'd be inclined to research your particular laptop with the above in mind, rather than take my word for it, as I'm talking in general terms.  You could go ​Help > System Info > Copy ​and paste the results to this thread if you are not sure about things, but also tell us the make and model of your laptop, as well as its operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines