• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you make it so 2 URLs bring you to the same site?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a personal website and am curious if there is a way I can have both the URL for the website and then have an abbreviated version of that URL that brings you to the same site. I have checked and both domains do not exist currently.

Example:

ThisIsMyWebsite.com

TIMW.com

(have both send you to the same page, which would be the "ThisIsMyWebsite.com" domain)

I've done some searching to see if this is possible, but I could be asking the wrong question. So, apologies if this is a common question.

-Kyle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Nothing to do with Muse. Entirely up to your server's DNS configuration. Of course a physical site (which most of the time in itself is just a virtual folder on a web server) can have any number of domains mapped to it, but this has nothing to do with creating the actual pages, give or take specific issues with hard-coded URLs. Check your web hosting backend and the provider's options for this stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing to do with Muse. Entirely up to your server's DNS configuration. Of course a physical site (which most of the time in itself is just a virtual folder on a web server) can have any number of domains mapped to it, but this has nothing to do with creating the actual pages, give or take specific issues with hard-coded URLs. Check your web hosting backend and the provider's options for this stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines